- Professionals and Researchers from UK and Nepal observe physical and social impacts of the Gorkha Earthquake 2015 and subsequent landslides
- Community Volunteers from Lalitpur trained on Search and Rescue Operation
- Community Frontliners trained on Disaster Risk Management under the collaborative effort of Shapla Neer, SOUP and NSET
- Building Back Better and Safer School: Plan Nepal and NSET working with Public Schools under DFAT supported program
- NSET clarifies the Confusion and Misunderstanding created by a recent News; NSET's Commitment on Financial Integrity Unwavering
- Demonstration Project on Disaster Education commenced in Nuwakot district
- 32 Masons trained in a remote village in Nepal with Durham University Alumni support
- Shake Table Demonstration on brick masonry building held in Nuwakot
- First Shake table program organized at Dhading District
- NEPAL MARKED 19TH EARTHQUAKE SAFETY DAY WITH PROGRAMS NATIONWIDE
Demonstration Project on Disaster Education commenced in Nuwakot district
A joint consortium between Team Nepal led by National Society for Earthquake Technology Nepal and Team Hyogo led by Sakura-Net, has been formed. The consortium will work closely with the central and district education governments to implement disaster risk reduction education at schools of Nuwakot district as demonstration project. The interventions will focus in integrating disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation components into education sector including Capacity building and disaster risk education for school children. The consortium also intends to collaborate with school reconstruction process wherever possible so as to incorporate soft components such as disaster education in those schools. Eight schools of Nuwakot will be developed as leader schools to spread the concept of disaster education to other schools.
The objectives of this project are as follows:
-Support schools of Nuwakot to enhance capacity on disaster preparedness and response planning through promoting sustainable disaster risk reduction/ management education.
-Develop and disseminate disaster safety education resource materials (awareness and education materials, guide books, text books)
-Provide educational logistic support to children and teachers schools of Nuwakot that were affected by 25 April 2015 earthquake.
Model classes held on 9th February 2017, Nuwakot
As part of this program, Team Hyogo provided model classes in disaster education in two schools of Nuwakot, Rukmani higher Secondary School, Samundrataar VDC and Sundaradevi Secondary School, Sundaradevi VDC. A total of 44 students ( 21 female students, 23 male students) were orientated in disaster education and were involved in various group work activities enhancing their knowledge of disaster risk reduction.
Observation of teachers' disaster education classes on 7th February 2017
As Team Hyogo and Team Nepal had previously conducted a teachers' seminar in August 2016, the participating teachers gave disaster education classes to their students incorporating their learning through the teachers' seminar. Teachers from Bhimsen Secondary School, Battar provided disaster education classes to 63 (38 female students, 25 male students) students from grade 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Teachers' Seminar held at Nuwakot on 8th February 2017
A teacher's Seminar was held on 8 February 2017 at Rukmani Higher Secondary School, Samundrataar. A total of 21 participants attended the program which included 17 male teachers, 2 female teachers and 2 Resource persons from the participating eight schools. The seminar was focused on Disaster education, knowledge about hazards, disaster preparedness and response planning.